Monday 14 November 2011

but i just wanted you to know

i hope you know how lucky you are
you really are, the only exception
because no matter what you do
where you go, or who you're with..
(sure i'll ache from time to time
maybe even years to come
oh; but i think so so highly of you
you're not perfect - i know all too well)
i will care deeply for you unconditionally; always
to me, it feels so natural to look past the "bad & the ugly"
to see you're so perfectly human. & you don't try to be anything but.
you're real. a rare commodity  
it makes you truly beautiful. inside & out
i love that you are, & will be "that brown guy" in my life
it's beyond me, how or why
but all i know is
you're a part of me
even apart from me
always will be.
your place you hold in my heart can never be duplicated,
logically some would argue it's because you will always hold that part of me
that i can never again hold for my own
but i know it's beyond that
maybe this means i'm vulnerable. & unwise in telling you all this
but maybe..maybe i don't mind.
sometimes i can't completely make sense of it all, myself
so i don't expect you to understand,
or to care, quite frankly


but i just wanted you to know

No comments:

Post a Comment