Friday 4 January 2013

How scary a thought

How scary is it
That no matter how I see you
Who I see you with
No matter what I see you doing
Or who I've heard you're doing

That I will always love you
That my heart will always ache to be with you

That no matter what form you're in
Good, bad, reckless, irresponsible, arrogant, cold, hurting
That I will love you, and everything that I know to be good, in you
From however far away I may be
Or however far away, you've up and gone

How scary a thought
How can you train your heart to walk away
From such a peculiar love

A long time from now
I will look back at this and smile
Fond of how I once loved you
And how my love for you has changed
Resting at how I now love you

My heart aches
And will ache in many other ways
That nothing could prepare me for
No time, or heeding advice
In this new year

No comments:

Post a Comment